Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Build Your Own SQL Server Cloud

On Wednesday, October 26 at 11am PST, SSWUG will running my webcast Build Your Own SQL Server Cloud presentation.  


This presentation focuses on building a private cloud using Windows 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2008, but the concepts that I discuss can be applied to any virtualization platform. This presentation covers what is a private cloud (as well as what is a cloud) and how to achieve the benefits of cloud technologies using the builtin-features of SQL Server.   I will also discuss some of the challenges I have encountered building my own cloud.  


This week I have started designing the next generation SQL Server private cloud for SQL Server 2012 and this is a topic I will be blogging about more over the upcoming year.  


I really excited about this webcast and look forward to talking to attendees about their ideas about the private cloud.

No comments: