Monday, March 9, 2009

The MVP Summit

I love twitter. I enjoy reading the tweets of my follow SQL Server professional expert and the regular guys. I learn a lot and enjoy commisserating with my fellow professionals on the pains of the dba profession. However, this week twitter is annoying me. Microsoft awards many of the top SQL Server Experts with the title of MVP, which entitles them with all sorts of benefits and perks. I will admit that I would like to be MVP and have access to all sorts of information and resources, but I do pretty well now with the resources us regular folks have access. This week is the MVP summit, where all the MVP's go up Redmond and learn new secret things before the rest of us. I knew this event happened in the past, but now thanks toTwitter it is being thrown in my face. It is kind of a douchebag move to twitter "I am learning all this really cool stuff that I can't share with you because you aren't an mvp"

No comments: